Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To those in a slump, a bit of encouragement :-)

To those in a slump, a bit of encouragement :-)

I just recently got out of a terrible slump. I caught a nasty cold over New Year's and was sick for weeks, no energy for the longest time. I thought fabric shopping might help give me a lift but my DH gave me the "you've have to finish some of this stuff before you start anything else" attitude and I had to admit that he was right. I pulled out three projects that were in various stages of completion ( all pretty big) and let them sit and stare at me for a few weeks. I finally started working my way through and at last I am just about done. The last one I'm working is an Oriental Jewel Box that I started about 10 years ago. It feels good to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My reward will be a fabric shopping spree of course! I have three patterns waiting for material. Hope this inspires you to pick a piece and just do it. Then give yourself a present! Cheers!

I am glad you are over your slump and going again. New fabric, here you come!!

Dina

Thanks for the inspiration!

Blog Entries
    Don't forget to share pix when you're done!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Isn't it nice to finally, finally be over a "slump". I realize it will come again but am enjoying now that it's gone.

Thanks for giving the pep talk. I reallllllllllllllly need a nudge.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Show pictures! We all need inspiration. Glad you are feeling better.
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you are out of your slump. It seems to hit me after Christmas too.

I too have found inspiration on the QB. Many supporting folks pointed out that there were too many things going on in my life for me to enjoy my quilting. Wasn't quilting so much as all this other mind clutter. It is so good to see "the light at the end of the tunnel" . Congrats on enjoying the process and looking forward to the future.

Blog Entries
    I've been in a bit of a slump myself. Seems like the weight of the world has been on my shouldeers. I start a project and then it sits. I start another one and it sits. Do, I've got to get off my duff and get going too. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast