Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Those of us who live in the Winston Salem, Arcadia area

Blog Entries
    I live in the community of Arcadia. I would like to find a place that would be teaching FMQ. I would like to learn how to do this but would rather take a class than attempt it on my own. I would appreciate it if you could help with this one.
    I have always hand quilted and prefer this method. However, I would like to try FMQ on some smaller pieces. I am also frugal and think that $50 and above for such a class is way too much.

I would be interested, too, if it weren't too expensive or too far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    I would be interested, too, if it weren't too expensive or too far.
    The marjority of her fabric is $4.95 a yard. The shop is on talbort blvd. So it is worth the trip.

Great, I think you are talking about Quilting Quest......I know of Lynne. thanks

There is a quilt shop in Advance,just off bermuda run Called SewTogether, they have classes there and some beautiful material. They have a blog also if you want to check it out here is the link. sewtogethernc.blogspot.com.

There is a class in Lewisville (just of 421) called Sewingly Yours that offers FMQ classes. I took the beginner one last fall, and learned mostly how to set up my machine for FMQ. It's definitely helpful to be in a class. I'm not sure what classes they are offering this spring but I paid $25 and it lasted about 2 hours. Also there is one called Sew Original in Winston-Salem that people rave about but I haven't checked them out yet :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    Great, I think you are talking about Quilting Quest......I know of Lynne. thanks
    Yes I am. I thought I had put the name in my original post. Sorry if I did not. but it is Called Quilting Quest.
    Some how two of my post got crossed up. I had put another post up talking about the quilting quest store. This post is totally different from that one.