Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For those of us who own Brother machines. >

For those of us who own Brother machines.

For those of us who own Brother machines.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:38 AM

We had a conversation on another thread (see below) about changing the default needle position from left to center position so that when you turn it on, it will be in the center position. (or right position).

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-158319-9.htm (original conversation)

Look in your manual, under 'change the machine settings', if it is possible to change it on your machine, it will tell you how to do so. If it is still not clear to you, call 1-(877)276-8437, which is the customer support number. It may take some time to get through, but be patient, they are great at walking you through this kind of thing, I have brain damage, and they never get upset with my limitations.

BTW- I just realized that my machine is capable of sewing SIDEWAYS! I gotta go play with it now. :D
Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 AM

I knew how to change the default needle position but how do you sew sideways?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:59 AM

The top of the line brother machine can sew sideways. You need to have a machine that has this feature for it to work. (It is quite cool, and would be really useful for things like tiny doll clothes.)
Old 10-11-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by bstock
I knew how to change the default needle position but how do you sew sideways?
I'll let you know....
Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 AM

Thanks - have to tell DGD.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:40 AM

My sister in law just bought a new Brother (which incidently was bought out by Janome) and her machine is fantastic. It is the new Laura Ashley version ($3000.) and it sews sideways. Nice feature. I did not know you could change the postion of the needle with default. Have to tell my DIL as she has a brother and has broke several needles cause she forgets how to reset the needle position.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:41 AM

This is something great to know. Perhaps when turning it on sometimes you forget to push the number 1 and it comes down and hits the bar. I think I am going to have to check it out and try and change my default.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
We had a conversation on another thread (see below) about changing the default needle position from left to center position so that when you turn it on, it will be in the center position. (or right position).

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-158319-9.htm (original conversation)

Look in your manual, under 'change the machine settings', if it is possible to change it on your machine, it will tell you how to do so. If it is still not clear to you, call 1-(877)276-8437, which is the customer support number. It may take some time to get through, but be patient, they are great at walking you through this kind of thing, I have brain damage, and they never get upset with my limitations.

BTW- I just realized that my machine is capable of sewing SIDEWAYS! I gotta go play with it now. :D
Please remember that the measurements on the throat plate are for left needle position and adjust accordingly.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lindsey
This is something great to know. Perhaps when turning it on sometimes you forget to push the number 1 and it comes down and hits the bar. I think I am going to have to check it out and try and change my default.
ditto. thanks so much for the info
Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM

There is no section to change machine settings in my manual for my 6000i. Does that mean I can't change the default needle position? Do you think if I call Brother they might have a way?