Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Those with Viking Dealerships in your JoAnnes... >

Those with Viking Dealerships in your JoAnnes...

Those with Viking Dealerships in your JoAnnes...

Old 04-11-2011, 02:31 PM

I too worked for a Viking NBD (New Business Development) inside a JoAnns. This "closing" started 4 years ago. Ours was on of the first 30 to go. It was not a Viking decision as much as a JoAnns decision. For JoAnns - it is how much $$ each sq foot produces - and they did not get it from Viking. There are still Viking dealerships around - and yes - they are from what I have determined made in China now!!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
I'm interested in knowing if your Viking Dealerships are renewing their leases. Both Viking and Pfaff dropped my local dealer after the SVP buyout and I was wondering what the future held. Today, I went into JoAnnes for the big sale and saw that the Viking dealership in the store is closing. Most notions were 40% off and the demo machines were marked down. I'm wondering if this is going on nationwide or just here?
ours closed last month. if you want a really good deal on a viking machine find one of these closing sales. the last few days they were 60-75% off at my store. i bought feet for my machine at 75% off. sorry they are gone but glad i was there for the deals.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Yes, I got some embroidery software for 50% off and I don't own a Viking. Many of the embroidery packages come with a variety of formats so can be used by other machines.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:34 PM

This happened in Southern CA a couple of years ago. The Viking dealership in our local store said their lease was not be renewed by JoAnn's because JoAnn's was expanding the number of sewing machines they were selling and did not want to compete with Viking.