Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For those who------- >

For those who-------

For those who-------

Old 02-08-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
There's always Sharon Schamber's method. Search her name on you tube and you'll find her videos of how to baste a quilt. It works beautifully. Two four foot folding tables should baste just about any quilt.
OMIGOD, I watched the video showing her basting using the 2 pieces of wood on the table top and died! This is such a vastly improved method compared to what I've done for years on the floor. The amount of control is truly apparent and you don't have to kill yourself! I'm gonna make a beeline to the hardward store in a few days to do this! I can't believe I didn't think of this myself all these years! I don't like spray basting of large quilts (just wall hangings sometimes a baby quilt) and the pinning and on the floor or hand basting on the floor is terrible. I've even tried those pin guns you can find at Joann's but the bottomline is the floor kills me! This is such a lifesaver, and I'm going to have to try it out on my next big project I'm working on when the time comes. Thank you, thank you!!!! She's now become my basting hero, LOL!