Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: for those of you who have/use a supreme slider..

Blog Entries

for those of you who have/use a supreme slider..

for those of you who use or have, or have seen a supreme slider up close and personal....would i be able to use a silicon baking sheet (it's kinda thin and used in place of parchment paper for baking) in its place? i thought if it were similar, i could just cut a hole for it for the needle. Thank you!!

Betsey

Betsey, I have Sew Slip, which I love. It is like the supreme slider and I purchased it in the sewing machine department of Jo-Ann's. I am not familiar with silicon baking sheets so cannot help in that respect. BUT, the principle of the sheets is that bottom side stays in place (has a slight "stickiness" to it) and, of course, the top is smooth. Hope this helps.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    I have the Supreme Slider and it will cling to the bed of the machine. Oven liners and baking sheets I have tried have to be heavily taped in place or they will move with the fabric and they are not as pliable. I've had my slider for over 5 years and it still works great. I rinse it under the faucet every so often to revive the cling and to remove the threads and lint.
    Got fabric?

I have sew slip as well and like it

Blog Entries
    The silicone baking sheet will work as long as you tape all the edges down well. I gave up on the expensive sliders after sewing through mine more than a few times.
    I found a silicone microwave oven liner - and it does have cling adhesive on the back. It is 16" square and I just cut out a 2" or so area so I can change the bobbin without taking it off.
    It's made by Wilton, but I got mine at a surplus store - so I have no idea where else you'd find it. Sorry.
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

I have to admit that I got the supreme slider and it didn't do much...

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    I have to admit that I got the supreme slider and it didn't do much...
    I think everyone's mileage will vary. When I got mine I found it helped quite a bit...using it and Machingers improved my FMQ a lot.
    Beth