Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-10-2011, 04:08 PM

Patrice. thanks for your help in getting me back on the board, even though it took 3 days.... We do appreciate you...
Old 11-10-2011, 04:47 PM

Thanks again for all you have done and will do in the future. You are a real asset, not just to this board, but to the world. AND I just noticed that the background has been changed to almost a beige. The other did not bother me, but this is better. See a little patience ....! Thanks, Patrice.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by grammy of 6 View Post
Thanks Grann of 6, but when I click on the name or picture of someone I want to PM, that persons profile comes up, and there is no place there where I can PM.
Try it again, when I do it, it is on the left under View Profile.

Last edited by alwayslearning; 11-10-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: wrong word
Old 11-10-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by grammy of 6 View Post
Thanks Grann of 6, but when I click on the name or picture of someone I want to PM, that persons profile comes up, and there is no place there where I can PM.
That's interesting because when I click on your name a menu comes up with PM being one of the choices.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:29 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
That's interesting because when I click on your name a menu comes up with PM being one of the choices.
People may choose under their privacy settings not to receive PM's.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:30 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
Thanks again for all you have done and will do in the future. You are a real asset, not just to this board, but to the world. AND I just noticed that the background has been changed to almost a beige. The other did not bother me, but this is better. See a little patience ....! Thanks, Patrice.
I second everything in this post. I thought I was imagining the new background color; it's definitely more beige,
Old 11-10-2011, 07:01 PM

As susie susie susie said, I also have a new computer which was difficult in the beginning. One good thing on my monitor is the fact that there is a setting under the screen where I can lighten or darken the background ie: the white background on the new QB forum. BTW, a Huge thank you to all who have made this board and the new system, possible.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:50 AM

Nice message, Patrice.
It's good to be able to edit an message more than 20 minutes after you post, isn't it?!
I wish the rest of us could do that.

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
Please don't freak out when you notice i've changed my opening comments in this thread. I'm just exploiting an opportunity to say "Thanks" up-front for the comments that follow, and to emphasize the fact that we are well on our way again. My original comments here made mention of some things we have moved beyond for the most-part. Time to put those things to rest ... at least from my own perspective.

It's taken me a while to catch up on EMails, PMs and other behind the scenes activities.

There are many things I hope I can post in future to improve "customer service" and to provide useful information we might not yet be able to find easily and in places that seem most logical. All of that will take time, so you'll see it appear a little at a time as I figure the best ways in which to make it happen. A few nibbles for now:

1. Since we have a community calendar here, I'm going to try getting into the habit of using it to post period reports of significant developments and announcements of significant things to come.

2. Members have questions about some things, in particular that I hope to answer in detail very soon. Look for more about these things in the future.
  • In the meantime, please don't rely on rumors in place of fact. Feel free to send me a PM if you are confused or concerned about something you've heard.
Thanks again to all the members who have posted in this and other topics to provide encouraging words.

Thanks to those who've posted constructive and useful feedback about things they'd like to see added, changed, removed, folded, bent, or spindled. (Sorry, but mutilate is not an option. LOL )

In general, thanks for being here.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 AM

Thank you for "putting up with us..." I am not a complainer and don't read those posts but you have to be a saint to cope.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:40 AM

Where can I find.....? Never mind, I will find it in my search and learn the new site that way. Thanks for all your time and energy you put in this board.