Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thread expert (S) needed

Blog Entries
    I just bought a Phaff Vision embroidery/sewing/free motion quilting machine. What thread does everybody like for embroidery? Any web sites recommended to get GREAT prices. Any other pertinent info appreciated. Thanks everybody!

I'm partial to Madeira. I buy mine here. http://www.brothermall2.com/Thread/Default.aspx?PCID=7

I like Isacord the best which I usually end up buying at my local Bernina Store. On certain club days, we get 20% off so that's when I stock up! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by borntoquilt
    I just bought a Phaff Vision embroidery/sewing/free motion quilting machine. What thread does everybody like for embroidery? Any web sites recommended to get GREAT prices. Any other pertinent info appreciated. Thanks everybody!
    I buy Robison-Anton it's polyester - it does great in my janome E350.

I got a collection of 120 colors of Thread Arts on Ebay for $150.00 with the rack included. This was 2.5 years ago and only ran out of black. I use them a lot and never have broken threads.

Maria

Hi,

I am partial to Sulky embroidery thread, but also have a collection of Maderia.

Bev

I use Janome thread which is polyester for my embroidery only. Have also used Robison Anton. I buy them from my Janome Dealer. Marge

Lyn
    I have a CV also. I use Robison Anton but it tends to break easily in the machine. If you have problems with breakage let me know. There is a way to stop the breakage while embroidering. Allbrands seams to have good prices.