Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thread found at JoAnns

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    For those of you who were looking for 100% cotton handquilting thread I was a JoAnns yesterday and they had a 6 spools of it packaged together. It is by Coats & Clark.

Blog Entries
    This is where I buy my quilting thread too :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I actually use a lot of C&C thread, especially for piecing. I don't hand quilt, so can't give opinion on their thread for that. But their machine quilting thread is pretty good if I don't try to go too fast on my short arm quilting setup.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    For those of you who were looking for 100% cotton handquilting thread I was a JoAnns yesterday and they had a 6 spools of it packaged together. It is by Coats & Clark.
    I've found that you need to be careful with Coats & Clark threads. Look on the label to see where thread was manufactured. OK if made in Egypt...not if manufactured in Mexico. Stuff from Mexico kept breaking and or unraveling when using in the machine and when hand quilting.

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Quote Originally Posted by tristansnana
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    I've found that you need to be careful with Coats & Clark threads. Look on the label to see where thread was manufactured. OK if made in Egypt...not if manufactured in Mexico. Stuff from Mexico kept breaking and or unraveling when using in the machine and when hand quilting.
    Thanks for that advice, will have to be sure to check. A new member was asking about cotton thread for hand quilting awhile back