Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thread looping--very frustrated! >

Thread looping--very frustrated!

Thread looping--very frustrated!

Old 04-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by EllieGirl
Success I think!! I rethreaded both the top thread and the bobbin thread. Then I set the tension to where the machine indicates. This morning I sewed on it and it seemed fine.

I just don't understand why it was doing fine, and then just because I refilled the bobbin it started acting up.
Well, unless you have a seperate bobbin winder and another spool of thread in the same color, you had to use your machine to wind a new bobbin and you had to unthread your machine to use your thread to wind the bobbin. A lot can happen when you unthread the machine than rethread it again. Maybe you just had something not going through the right guide when you rethreaded or your top thread didn't go through the tension discs just right. That is why it can be sewing along just fine and then you unthread everything to rewind a bobbin and it messes up.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl
Success I think!! I rethreaded both the top thread and the bobbin thread. Then I set the tension to where the machine indicates. This morning I sewed on it and it seemed fine.

I just don't understand why it was doing fine, and then just because I refilled the bobbin it started acting up.

So which is more tempermental, sewing machines or computers??

Thank you for all the suggestions!
I have wondered the same thing, only to realize that some how I had "missed" the thread take up lever! Never fails if I am having tension trouble I know its the take up lever. Sometimes I get to sewing along and because the lever on my little brother is an open one and not a hole I have to thread the thread threw it will "jump" out of there which causes a huge catastrophe! Glad everything is working right now.