Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: thread question back of fabric

sewing with the mega quilter. i have just finished 5 small quilts no problem. started the next and the back of the quilt looks like a bird nest. it is pulling the top thread through and has exess on back. i changed bobins, needle. what else to do?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkbeck
    sewing with the mega quilter. i have just finished 5 small quilts no problem. started the next and the back of the quilt looks like a bird nest. it is pulling the top thread through and has exess on back. i changed bobins, needle. what else to do?
    Check your tensions both top and bottom. Make sure there is no dust or threads in the bobbin case. If you are using a different thread that before the tension may need adjusting more than usual.

Blog Entries
    Rethread it. Sounds like the thread came out of the thread takeup lever at the top of the machine.

make sure that your take up lever is down to i have a megea
    quilter also had the same problem tried everything come to find out it was just the lever that was up

did all the suggestions, finally went back to the original thread for the last quilt and it works fine. some days it doesn't pay to think outside the box. now to finish binding 2 of them to take to my aunts tomorrow. going to donate most to the nursing home where her daughter was for about 15 years.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    did all the suggestions, finally went back to the original thread for the last quilt and it works fine. some days it doesn't pay to think outside the box. now to finish binding 2 of them to take to my aunts tomorrow. going to donate most to the nursing home where her daughter was for about 15 years.
    Glad you got it figured out.