Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thread Question

Would thread from connectingthread.com be ok to sew things like the bow tuck purse? I know a lot of you all really like it for quilting

I find it a little to thick for my liking. You may try one spool, see what you think.

Yes, you can use it. Really, you can use almsot any thread except a rayon, for sewing the majority of things. Rayon simply isn't strong enough for seaming.

Debbie in Austin

I have used it for a Bow Tuck. It is 100% cotton thread. I use it for quilting too.

My bow tuck is made with Connection Threads thread and their fabric. Worked great.

Blog Entries
    I use CT thread for all the purses I have made (about 6 in all, and another in progress). I also use it for piecing and quilting. I use it for both my top and bobbin thread. I like it and my machine likes it! And so does my wallet! :)

connecting threads carries many different threads...they are not all heavy, or for quilting, or sewing, or embroidery, ... see what i mean? i buy all of my threads from connecting threads, silks, wools, cottons, polys...so yes, you can use connecting threads thread for piecing, for embroidery, for quilting, for serging, for home dec projects...the higher the number, the thinner the thread, so a size 12 thread is very heavy; a 40-50 is about the norm for most sewing; 100 wt is very fine. (the silks i use are 100 wt.)

Thank you everyone for your response I believe I'm going to place and order with them. I thought it was very good deal on thread!