Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thread >

Thread

Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:32 PM

Ok, I am learning to quilt using my Mid-Arm Nolting on a frame... What kind of threads do those of you who do longarm or midarm quilting use? The thread I purchased at my LQS seems to be throwing off alot of "lint", so I am not very impressed or pleased. So I figured that coming to ask you is the best route for good reliable and trusted information. Thanks ahead of time for your information and opinions. What kinds of threads do you use, what do you prefer, and why?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Power Poster

The homequiltingsystems group on Yahoo would be a good place to ask about thread. The Superior Threads website has a lot of info about threads for longarmers too. What brand/type of thread are you using?
Old 02-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Banned

Superior Threads are fantastic. I use So Fine more than anything else. I also love King Tut, and the Bottom Line, also by Superior Threads.

Isacord is another favorite of mine to use when I want a sheen.

But I've happily use numerous threads for quilting. Sulky blendables, YLI, Aurifil, Mettler.

Because of the speed of a longarm, you are going to get a lot of lint. I keep a pancake style air compressor in my studio, and blow out all the lint after every bobbin change.