Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Threads off of design wall? >

Threads off of design wall?

Threads off of design wall?

Old 11-07-2015, 10:17 AM

I think it was Ricky Tims but someone showed a tip of taking a piece of freezer paper and ironing it to the design wall. peel it off and it takes the stray threads with it.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:43 AM

I just use my clothes brush, you know the one in the back of closet that you dig out when the cat gets to close to your black pants. Yup, that one! A quick brrrrrush and the wall is clean of threads and little this and than and ready to go!
Old 11-08-2015, 04:58 AM

When my DG's were they used to pick the threads off for me. Now I use to hold sma quilt and things.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

I have an old style lint brush that has a bed of what I call velvet, with a nap. Brush it in one direction and it lifts the lint and threads. Brush in the opposite direction and it releases the all the collected debris. I have had it for years and it still works. What I really like is that I don't have anything that is trash going into a landfill. I use the lint as fire starter for my camp fire pit.

I think a modern version is available at JAFs.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:02 PM

I took my design-wall flannel bed sheet and washed it. Only about half of the treads came off. I had sprayed the wall with adhesive so my squares would stick to it. So everything did. Now I will try some of the other methods. I have a lint roller that can be washed and reused. That feature is very nice, but I'll have to see how it works on threads that have been stuck on with spray adhesive. Even after it has been through the wash!
Old 11-09-2015, 11:07 AM

I've tried several things and I finally used the lint brush that has bristles like a hairbrush. It takes everything little thread tail off my design wall.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:18 PM

Lint roller!!
Old 11-25-2020, 10:12 AM

Default dog brush

I tried vacuuming, tape, red velvet lint brush, tape lint brush, ironing freezer paper to it and the only thing that worked was the slicker dog brush! its a small brush with a couple hundred stiff wires on it. the only thing is that it also takes the flannel, so I wouldn't want to do it often as pretty soon you wouldn't have any flannel on your design wall!
Old 11-25-2020, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Material Witness View Post
Someone in our group recommended a not-disposable lint roller from a dollar store, looks like a hairbrush but with red "velvet" instead of bristles. Easy to clean.
Also, I just saw where someone went to all the trouble to buy a small paint roller, then slipped on a hair curler to roll over their carpet - it would work on a design wall.
This is the kind I own - it's a big heavy-napped fabric that works like a charm! No need to keep replacing the rollers...just wipes clean or launders well.