Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Threads

Threads

Has anyone used Connecting Threads thread and if so how do you like it. Does it produce lots of lint?

I use Connecting Threads thread all the time and my machine loves it for fmq. It does make lint, but all cotton threads do. I just clean a little more often than when I use a poly. There have been lots of posts about Connecting Threads, just do a search.

I prefer it and it is certainly reasonably priced. I have started replacing all my other thread and am switching to nothing but the Connecting Threads essential cotton.

Blog Entries
    I have lots of the CT cotton and poly thread. I like it. I use the poly in my bobbin because it's thinner thread, 70wt. I have lots of other brands and like them too. When I match the right needle size with thread type my machines sew fine with them all.
    Got fabric?

It's one of my favorite threads. It may produce a little more lint, but that's not a problem. Just clean your machine a little more often. You can't beat the price, and the selection of colors is great. I recently tried Aurifil and really like it too. The bobbin seems to last forever. It's 100% cotton and seems to be a little linty too. My machine doesn't seem to care what thread I use.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    I really like it. Very low lint and beautiful colors. Great for piecing and the LAM thread works well with my machine. I give it a

EDIT: Funny about the lint'cause I found it to be a nice clean thread. Oh well!
    Last edited by ube quilting; 11-15-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I agree with the others. I didn't think it was any lintier than any other cotton thread, it FMQ great, the price is fantastic, and have been replacing all my thread with CT thread.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.