Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Three soldier quilts arrived from "A Friend"

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Today I received 3 wonderful quilt tops and their bindings for the Military Barracks Quilt Project soldiers in Afghanistan from someone in Pic-----, MS in a box signed only "A Friend."

Sneaky one! I love it! :lol:
    But I do want to be sure you are thanked for your generous contribution to our soldiers in this desolate, colorless world. May you be as blessed as I'm sure they will be when they receive the finished quilts next month.

To date I've mailed 29 -- the box today only held 10, I couldn't get the next 2 quilts into it.

There is a 4 foot high stack of tops and another of backings sitting in my living room waiting for finishing. But there will be a public sew-in here over the Nov. 5-6th weekend, where we will work to finish as any as possible for shipping in November. There has been a lot of local public interest and support for the project; they are all amazed at the work being done by members on this board! I get the impression they don't want to be outdone or miss out on the fun!:D

I have pictures of all the quilts that have been mailed, which I hope to post here later this weekend, and we'll get lots of shots at the sew-in for sharing here as well. How I wish you could all be there with us!!

Thank you, Friend!

Jan in VA

Jan,
    I just put a top and binding strips in the mail to you today.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Super!

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishNY
    Jan,
    I just put a top and binding strips in the mail to you today.
    Goody! I'll be looking for it; thank you!
    Jan