Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Throat on a Janome 11000?

Does anyone know what the throat space is on the Janome 11000? I think my husband is willing to upgrade my 6600 which has about 9 inch throat. We're seriously looking at the Bernine 440 QEE but the throat is actually smaller. So we're thinking about the Janome 11000 or Horizon. I want to be able to both quilt and embroider on it and I don't believe the Horizon quilts which rules it out.

Also, any price estimates for the 11000? I called on the Babylock Ellisimo and was floored when she said $9000! I would love the Bernina 830 but my husband said he wasn't spending $10k on a sewing machine! :)

Just a thought. If you are happy with your 6600 (I have the 6500 and love it!), you might want to consider adding a stand alone embroidery machine. I have the Janome 350E and I often have both machines going at once. Just something else to think about!

Also, forgot to ask, does the Bernina 440 QEE have automatic tension control? It doesn't say in the online brochure.

If you go to the Janome website it should have answers to all the questions you're asking. Of course the Horizon quilts. Any machine that sews a straight stitch can "quilt". It isn't an embroidery machine.

Blog Entries
    Shocked at the quote for the Ellisimo! You should check with some other dealers. That is way more than what I paid in June!

No, it does not. Wonderful machine though! If you do a lot of embroidery however, I'd step up to the 630. The computer interface for the 440 is a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    Also, forgot to ask, does the Bernina 440 QEE have automatic tension control? It doesn't say in the online brochure.

Throat on janome is 9 inches I have the 11000SE and just love it.
    Gale

THe Horizon has a 11 inch throat and is wonderful for quilting. It doesn't do embroidery, though.