Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ticking for a rag quilt

Ticking for a rag quilt

I purchased some ticking to re-fit my pillows (the feathers keep "leaking"). I had it on my cutting table and I was looking at how the edges frayed after washing. A thought occurred to me that this would make a great rag quilt ... the fraying is soooo soft and fuzzy and the fabric is so heavy.

I think I'm going to get more in different colors and see if I can make a rag quilt out of it!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Power Poster
    Sounds like a plan! It will be soft,fuzzy and wear like iron.

Blog Entries
    Okay be sure to post pics and final thoughts when you get it done. I can't wait to see it!

Blog Entries
    It will be like a denim quilt. Lasts forever. It is perfect for a camping or porch quilt.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Is the ticking that traditional blue and white stripe? I was wondering if you could play around with the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Is the ticking that traditional blue and white stripe? I was wondering if you could play around with the design.
    yes, except the one I have is green. And yes ... I definitely plan on getting some other stripes and solids (she has blue, yellow and taupe in both stripe and solids, and a few other solid colors).

I will post a pic ... when I make it Right now I'm cutting stupid pillow covers. Booooring.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue