Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tilt'able sewing set

I was at a quilt show and saw a product called the Tilt'able sewing set. It's rather expensive and I wondered if anyone has used it and if it would be worth the investment for a part-time quilter?

If you would like to see how this would work for you, without all the expense, you can get 2 rubber door stops - wedges - & put them under the back of your machine to tilt it towards you. I understand that it is supposed to be better for your neck & back, but when I tried it, I found I preferred my machine bed flat. But for just a couple $$, you can try the door stops & see if you like it.

sue

That's a great suggestion Sue! And if it doesn't work you can always use them to stop the door form the inside and sew more! :twisted:

[quote=SandraJennings]That's a great suggestion Sue! And if it doesn't work you can always use them to stop the door form the inside and sew more! :twisted: [/quote

:D :D I do love that one! It's gonna happen one day soon here, I WILL have the peace and quiet, one way or another! Thanks, Sandra, see your Granny taught you a lot!

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by SandraJennings
    That's a great suggestion Sue! And if it doesn't work you can always use them to stop the door form the inside and sew more! :twisted:
    :lol: Well it does work nicely for me sooooo off to WM for some for the inside of the door. :thumbup:

piney

roflmao! too much!! Hey maybe I better get some before they are all sold out..brb! :lol:

My dad made me a little table sort of thing to use under my machine. Honestly, I never used it. :oops:

Speaking of products....I have been looking online at some computer programs for quilt designing. Some of them are quite expensive. I was hoping to get some input from you ladies if you have ever tried any, know anyone who has......appreciate your advice.

Blog Entries
    Skacian, are you talking about programs like EQ6? EQ has a program that is less complicated and the price is much cheaper, too.

http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/QDW/QDW.asp

I don't have my machine tilted but my cutting table tilts. I love it. I can actually sit down and cut. I bought this table at a sale for $5.00. They sell basically the same thing at Hobby Lobby for $100.
    Judy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast