Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Time to give it up for the day

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I first tried to finish a tote purse I started last month, I had a hard time getting the cuff around the opening and handles on but I did get it finished.
    2nd bag I wanted finish was one I saw on PBS but didnt write the instuctions down and forgt the steps so I had to wing it, got that completed.
    Lastly I wanted to at least get the center blocks together that have been layed out on my living room floor all week for the Carpenters Star/wheel.
    About half way my machine was acting up and I had to stop and take it apart clean/oil and put a new needle in, it still was not working great so after a few more attempts I finally fixed whatever was going on.
    Getting back to my 5th row and noticed that the 4th row looked wrong. I had to take the row apart and reorganize the blocks and re sew.
    Stopping in the middle to do some machine repair I must have mixed up the blocks. That was the end of sewing for me today. Once I start to make errors like that its time to call it a day.

Time to sip a cup of tea and relax. I've had those days too. Best to stop.

It takes a wise person to know when to stop and continue another day. Things WILL look better the next time you start.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Remember when we used to call this "karma" or say our biorhythms were off? Now we know it just that we've gained "wisdom" (as my eye doctor explained it;) )

Jan in VA

I understand all of what your saying! Glad to know it just isn't me! I agree, time to call it a day when it gets like that!