Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Time for Virtual Quilt Weekend >

Time for Virtual Quilt Weekend

Time for Virtual Quilt Weekend

Old 03-14-2014, 03:32 AM

Cool Time for Virtual Quilt Weekend

Well, it's time for March's Virtual Quilt Weekend. Just let us know what you're working on this weekend, feel free to share pictures if you can. I have decided to think about Christmas presents this weekend so will be making samples of some of the various ideas I have to see if I want to make several of the item or not. I also have seven table runners I would like to make for a church quarter auction.

Hope to have lots of company in the sewing room!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:48 AM

Going away for a quick weekend getaway with DH. Am taking my hand quilting with me but who knows. Just looking for some down time so maybe I'll get inspired to work on this quilt some more. Happy sewing/quilting everyone.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:15 AM

I really need this, I just am not getting anything done! I have a Mario quilt I really need to get the top done this weekend so I can pick up the back Monday at HL. So hopefully, I'll be sewing this weekend.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:23 AM

I actually have the week end off but we are helping DD and SIL work on their house on Sat. Hope to spend Sun in the sewing room tho.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 AM

My husband decided to return from his business trip five days early! There goes five of my quilting at will time. Darn it.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

Our guild is having a Community Quilt sew in day tomorrow. I think the fabrics will be red/white/blue. sounds like fun.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:49 AM

OMG....is it here already??!!! I was in on last month's - SO much fun seeing everyone's work.....i'd just started working on my applique Under the Sea quilt for my newest grandbaby (due in April) I am down to sewing on the plants on the last block. Can't wait to see what you all are working on. Perfect timing as tomorrow is National Quilting Day.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:01 AM

Yay, perfect timing!

I am heading out to the coast for the weekend; we rented a house with my cousin & his wife & kids and are going on a little get-away. I already have my machine packed!

I picked a really simple project to take with me - I have a bunch of 12-1/2" squares that I've pre-cut from the Tim Holtz fabric line and I'm going to see if I can't get them all put together into a king-size quilt top while I'm out there. I love the fabric so I'm going big-block, I can't wait to see how it looks when I'm done. This one is for ME!

And in case I get bored with that (or somehow finish quickly), I'm also bringing a sack full of scraps to put together.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:04 AM

No piecing for me ;-( I have a backlog of tops waiting to be quilted. I have one loaded and ready to go and another waiting in the wings with it's backing ready. I WILL get these quilted this weekend!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:57 AM

Goodie, goodie. I'm starting my big star quilt (by Jenny Doan at MSQC) this weekend. I ironed most of my fabric last night. I can't wait to get my first big star made. I've had the fabric since December and I'm finally at a point where I can take the time to make another quilt.