Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tin LIzzie 18   What do you think? >

Tin LIzzie 18 What do you think?

Tin LIzzie 18 What do you think?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:10 AM

Question Tin LIzzie 18 What do you think?

If you currently own and use a Tin Lizzie 18, please give me a review of the machine.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

I have a Viking branded Tin Lizzie. It's the same machine as the Tin Lizzie 18 LS. I like the machine a lot. There are no tension issues and it will sew with any thread. Although it came with the LS (Lizzie Stitch stitch regulator) I usually use it in manual mode. Just a personal preference. I don't do quilting for hire, just for me and a few family members. I've had my machine for about 2 years.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:19 PM

I have an older Tin Lizzie 18. I bought it (used) about 5 years ago. My Lizzie has no negative issues. Love my Lizzie!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:02 AM

I have the Queen Quilter Tin Lizzie 18 i'v had it now for about 3 or 4 yrs now. I did not have any major issues with tension or anything. If I did have issues, it was always always operator error, so not sure from previous posting why there was negative responses to this machine...Anyhow, it comes down to each personal preferences. Each machine will have positives and negatives...Test drive if you can. I didn't have any places to go and test drive any longarm machines. My Fiance just decided to purchase one for a Christmas gift one year and well here now I have a longarm.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:37 AM

I have the Lizzie 18 sit down model. I love my machine. I used to have a Bailey 15 on a frame and did not personally enjoy the loading and quilting process this way. I have quilted a bunch of stuff since getting it this past fall and I adore my machine
Old 07-02-2013, 07:58 PM

[HR][/HR]
Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
I have the Lizzie 18 sit down model. I love my machine. I used to have a Bailey 15 on a frame and did not personally enjoy the loading and quilting process this way. I have quilted a bunch of stuff since getting it this past fall and I adore my machine

I also have the Tin Lizzie 18 sit down model.....I LOVE it !!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:57 AM

I don't regret getting it over the HQ at all. I will say that my needle up/down button doesn't seem to work right. I thought it would make the needle stop in the down position all the time but it doesn't work. Just puts the needle up or down - which I can do with the foot pedal but it's all good
My dog hates my Lizzie though. Whenever I go to use it, he gives me the teenage look of death and then leaves the room. He hates the sound or rumbling of it lol.

Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee View Post
[HR][/HR]

I also have the Tin Lizzie 18 sit down model.....I LOVE it !!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:18 AM

I have a Tin Lizzie 18LS set up at 10' (well actually she is in storage while we are moving). This is a good machine, reliable and easy to use. There are many other setups that cost much more but I am happy with mine. Some quilters think it is a 'second class' long arm but I do not understand that, unless it is because the TLs cost so much less than many others. I like the Lizzie Stitch option as well, and it can be used in manual or with the Lizzie Stitch. The support from the company has been adequate for me, but I have not had issues with my machine at all. I recommend the Tin Lizzie.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:28 PM

I got one (tin lizze 18 ls ) used about 6 months ago, I have to say I have had no luck with it. It has been in the shop a lot!
I really want to learn more designs, techniques, and tips.
It is not nice to me when it comes to tension
I just wish it will work because I enjoy using a longarm and get a lot of my quilts finished
Old 01-06-2014, 03:52 AM

I just purchased the Tin Lizzie Ram (upgrade from a Brother PQ1500s) and I love this machine. I never would have thought that winding a bobbin while quilting would be so convenient but its a wonderful added bonus. I would say if you can do it, get the phoenix frame. It and the upgraded encoders are well worth it.