Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tip for paper piecing multiple blocks of the same design >

Tip for paper piecing multiple blocks of the same design

Tip for paper piecing multiple blocks of the same design

Old 04-27-2013, 03:08 PM

I'm just getting into paper piecing. Thanks for the tip...may make life a little easier for a while, I think!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Old 04-27-2013, 03:42 PM

What great instructions! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:49 PM

Another tip you could try is to use your mobile phone camera or a digital camera and photo each step as you go. This way you have a record which you can print off if you want a hard copy or just have your camera/phone handy as you sew so you can refer to it if and when you need to. A picture is worth a thousand words. It also means that you have less pieces of partly completed blocks lying around and cluttering up your work area.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:22 AM

Great idea! I do the same thing, forget how I am doing it and have to stop and rip out...
Old 04-28-2013, 11:58 AM

Brilliant idea! I am very much a "visual learner", so having an example of each step in front of me couldn't be more perfect to help me along! Thank you! And don't feel badly about not having the latest software. I also grew up without computers (gasp!) and while I now have one, it's not first on my list of places to go to with problems. My husband is always telling me I could do this or that faster if I just put it on the computer. To me, it's more work to learn the program and enter all the data. I was a nurse, not a secretary. And I like solving problems by figuring them out my way. It's fun, like a puzzle is fun! You go girl! We were sewing and quilting long before computers and quilter's software! Good luck on your quilt!