Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Today's sewing >

Today's sewing

Today's sewing

Old 11-27-2010, 09:57 AM

Donna, glad you are back to quilting,I hope you continue to improve..
Old 11-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
Since I had my Thanksgiving dinner Saturday I had the whole day to sew-yes all day. I made four table runners and got two of them quilted. I cut these out by hand. Every square, triangle and strip. I wish I could do pictures but I am not able to right now. I am on a borrowed computer and do not have things all hooked up. I am telling you I made one up in my go-as you-cut style and made it for my daughter. It is in greens and a yellow/orange Afternoon Tea print and it is beautiful. If they were my colors she would never know I made it for her.

I used to sew and quilt, but I have had two real bad head injuries from falls in the past 5 years and things are slowly coming back to me. I knew when I started quilting that I had done it before. I just knew how to handle the material and all too easily. It was so much fun.
Good for you!!! Your table runners sound beautiful! A lady in my sewing group at our church had two bad falls that limited some of her abilities. She can no longer drive. When she joined our sewing/quilting group, she had to really focus to do it. But as she has used those skills it has become much easier for her. Sounds like it is for you too!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by BettyGee
Way to go Donna! May you continue to heal. They tell me at the cancer center that "Love Heals." I believe that and I also believe that quilting gives us a feeling of peace when we create beautiful things.
I agree LOVE does heal. ((((HUGS)))))
I also think being creative is very healing.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Dee

Blessings to you Donna. Hope you continue to improve and many happy stitches ahead.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:25 PM

Good for you! Doing the Happy Dance! :-D
Old 11-28-2010, 03:46 PM

At one time, I was able to do handwork where I worked. I was at the gatehouse to a state facility. When it was slow, I'd work on my cross stitch or read. I told everyone it was the only job that paid me to read and stitch!! (LOL) Hopefully, next time you'll remember to take something with you.

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Oh wow! It must have been nice to sew all day. I started having withdrawals being away from home today. I was wishing I had taken some things with me to work on.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:04 PM

The only way I can take pictures of projects right now, is with my cell phone, then I send them to my email as a picture message. From the email, I grab and drop them to my desk top, then I can upload them on here. The pictures it takes aren't great, but hey I'm a quilter, not a photographer! I hope this is helpful. Happy Holidays!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:12 PM

What a marvelous testimony!
I am grateful that you are re-gaining some of your abilities and that you have had the courage to keep working at it, trying to accomplish something. Good job!
We are all on your side and anxious to hear more of your journey and accomplishments! <wave>
Old 11-29-2010, 07:25 PM

I also suffered a head injury and am relearning things. Isn't it wonderful that we can relearn things that we enjoyed. Congratulations, and keep going. Happy Holidays!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I also suffered a head injury and am relearning things. Isn't it wonderful that we can relearn things that we enjoyed. Congratulations, and keep going. Happy Holidays!
Well, good for you!
It takes a lot of time and courage and patience to relearn things, and you have every right to be proud of your effort.
You probably enjoy, more than most, the whole process of our chosen craft. Keep up the good work!<wave>