Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Toni's gift

Tears came to my eyes too. You girls are great and I know she will think of each of you every time she uses it.
    Kacy from OK

Thanks so much for sharing that with us. What a wonderful thing to do for Toni.

You are all so fortunate to have each other. It's a great story and I thank you for sharing it.

Blog Entries
    Brought tears to my eyes- How thoughtful and generous of all of you
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

You guys are angels on earth! Thanks for such an uplifting story. There is still so much good that people do today.....I wish we would hear more of them and less of the negative.

Way to go!

What a sweet way to help a friend!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

You made me cry too! What a wonderful thing to do! Please PM me if there's anything else we can do for Toni. I'd like to help, perhaps with fabric or thread? I spent a lovely day quilting with friends and I'm so appreciative that I'm able to do that; I'd like to do a little "giving back".

Thank you everyone. The planning of this yesterday and giving today has really elevated my spirit. I was so giddy!! It truly is much more fun to give than receive. My DH was even pretty excited about it and gladly wrote the check for our share!!!
    On Tuesday several of us went to a quilt guild meeting then out to lunch and hit a quilt shop and JoAnns. At JoAnns, they had some rolling cases on sale and with us was Robin, a single mother who works as a teacher. Robin is also on a very limited income. She said it would be nice to have a rolling case but couldn't spend the $ for it. As soon as she was out of earshot Sandy, Sue and I decided to buy it for her. We just told her that it was for Sandy's old machine so it would not get dusty. Robin's birthday is in August so we are going to surprise her with it at the August UFO. This is so much fun!!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

See, this is what life should be all about...friends helping friends, honestly and purely with no "what's in it for me" thoughts. God bless you all, and yes, you brought tears to my eyes too.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful stories. Yes, giving is so much fun.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast