Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TONS OF COPIES NOW--DARN COPIER

Blog Entries
    Rebooting will not reset a printer, you have to turn the computer completely off or unplug the printer directly. Lesson learned about that! A complete turn off will reset most printer problems.

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    Quickly go to Start, Control panel, Printer, choose your printer and click Printer at the top left of the bar. You can choose cancel there. It doesn't take long to get there and it will stop after that page is completed.
    I agree, This is the first place to go to quickly make it stop. Also.... Use those extra copies for scratch paper. I have lots of that on my computer desk that I cut in quarters and I dont feel lke I'm wasting paper.

Blog Entries
    also, if you were printing copies, check the menu setting. It has a place where you say how many copies you want. Mine automatically is set on about 15 or more, so I have to make sure to change it before I hit print. Mine is HP also, all in one.

Click on the printer symbol (usually in lower right corner) and highlight what it is printing. You should then be able to find an option to cancel the print job. It will also show all print jobs lined up in the queque and if you don't want them, cancel them also.

Click on the printer symbol (usually in lower right corner) and highlight what it is printing. You should then be able to find an option to cancel the print job. It will also show all print jobs lined up in the queque and if you don't want them, cancel them also.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Rebooting will not reset a printer, you have to turn the computer completely off or unplug the printer directly. Lesson learned about that! A complete turn off will reset most printer problems.
    I did all of these but it didn't work. The solution which somebody mentioned that I should have done was to go to Start, Computer, Copier & deleted from there. I still feel so dumb for not remembering that.

As somebody mentioned, I also use the clean side of printed copies as note paper. I hate to waste it.

If I got this pix right, this is the temp in this part of Ariz. today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boohoofish
    Boohoofish, that's neat. I am more familiar with older versions of Windows, so that's new to me. Too easy.

My HP puts the project in a queue everytime I hit print and does not clear when it's turned off so it's easy to get multiple copies. My Epson clears when it's turned off.

Sometimes my printer will just start shooting out blank pages for no reason.

Pull the plug on that bad boy! That will buy you some time to do what the others have suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Pull the plug on that bad boy! That will buy you some time to do what the others have suggested.
    Trust me, I did that last night. This morn. is when it started spitting pgs out. I was even considering sending it out the door on a one way trip. Wouldn't have hurt my feelings too much since this thing is so darn slow I can't stand it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast