Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Too Cool T shirt quilts

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know how to piece together a quilt like in the pictures for Too Cool T shir quilts? It shows a few made up- but can't figure how they put all the different size rectangles and squares together w/o sashing.

Banned
    Sorry I just sold the book. Maybe the membe that bought it will see post. She has numerous layouts in book to layout but can't say I recall exact method of putting together. Only made one.

It appears to me that they just cut the size block that was needed for each space. As in, if you put a six inch block on one side and a 9 inch block on the other, then used a 3 inch block sort of in the center area, then a 9 X 3 block on the left of the 3 inch block and a 6 X 12 inch block to the right of the 3 inch block. You would make a large block with a total of 5 small blocks sewn together that would be 15 X15. Then make another large pieced block to add to it, etc. etc.
    Does this help?

Blog Entries
    Yes-- that makes sense.. thank you--- I was thinking you had to start in the center and start adding on to the outside like crazy patch piecing. Thanks