Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
too many Christmas quilts >

too many Christmas quilts

too many Christmas quilts

Old 11-24-2014, 06:14 AM

I have over 20!! Plus the ones I've gin away; all sizes and I have them all over the house for the Christmas season. For some reason, I just like making Christmas quilts.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:23 AM

I love Christmas, but for some reason I am not at all interested in Christmas quilts. I haven't made any, don't have any plans to.

I made a tree skirt, and ever year I buy Christmas fabrics when they go on clearance and sew simple reusable draw-string gift bags. And every once in awhile I'll make some ornaments or a stocking or two. But that's it. No wall hangings, no quilts. They just don't appeal to me. I think other people's quilts are cute, but making one for myself...nah.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:08 AM

I like to make Christmas quilts and wall hangings to give as gifts. I figure if the recipient doesn't care for them they only have to have them out for the holidays. No pressure.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:33 AM

I have had a Christmas Quilt about half done for 3 yrs. Hopefully I can get it done in time for Christmas next year!
Last year I took a tablecloth with Poinsettas on it andtied it and put it in the grab bag. Our youngest daughter got it. She was thrilled beyond words. Now I wish I had I back! It was at least an answer to a C. t.cloth!!
M.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

I have a wonderful Christmas sampler quilt that I won at my local Quilt Guild many years ago, and I still find something new every year when I bring it out. I make lots of Christmas wall hangings, some I keep, some I give away and some I sell at a craft fair; but I still have two Christmas quilt tops that need to be quilted and every year I say that I'm going to finish them, but so far they are still on my Roundtoit List. Maybe next year.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:36 PM

Count me in for having a bunch! I've made quilts and related quilted items in different colorways, as well as handwork items like redwork snowmen. And I have quite a few Christmas-y wallhangings. I don't put them all out at the same time!
Old 11-24-2014, 03:09 PM

I've not made a Christmas quilt, I just have never been into decorating for the holidays. I did it for the kids when they were home but now they have their own homes and decorations. None of them have wanted holiday quilts when asked. They all preferred something for year round.
I have been thinking lately of making a holiday quilt. Kinda like an Eye Spy with fabric from all the different holidays in one quilt. Then it could stay out all year!
Right now I have Christmas, Easter, St. Patrick's Day and Thanksgiving.. oh and Valentines. I'll see how many holidays I can find fabric for to see if I can actually pull this off. Hmmm... presidents' day anyone? Smiles and hugsssss....
Old 11-24-2014, 06:00 PM

I have a christmas wall hanging I made and a table runner for coffee table I bought. I don't have a xmas quilt. I made a couple of them and gave to daughter and granddaughter. Next Christmas quilt is for me.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:06 PM

Default Hi in Pittsburg.

Originally Posted by Mariah View Post
I have had a Christmas Quilt about half done for 3 yrs. Hopefully I can get it done in time for Christmas next year!
Last year I took a tablecloth with Poinsettas on it andtied it and put it in the grab bag. Our youngest daughter got it. She was thrilled beyond words. Now I wish I had I back! It was at least an answer to a C. t.cloth!!
M.
My brother and his lovely wife live in Pittsburg.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

I don't have any Christmas quilts...yet. Just ones for year-round.