Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Too Many Quilts Displayed? >

Too Many Quilts Displayed?

Too Many Quilts Displayed?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
There is no such thing as TOO many quilts in my opinion..why make them to pack away?
I totally agree with Linda. Never too many
Old 03-14-2011, 09:01 AM

I agree with everyone else. Never too many quilts. You make them because you enjoy and love them so surround yourself with what makes you feel happy. I have quilts all over my house. I might change them with the seasons but I just love to look at them. Telll your relative that it is your house and you love it the way it is and if it makes her uncomfortable then maybe she should stay at her own home which I am sure she has decorated with the things that she loves. :)
Old 03-14-2011, 10:07 AM

My feeling is if you got them flaunt them!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:13 AM

Just tell them that it is another source of getting hugs. Then give them hugs.

Originally Posted by Lucy90
What is the number of too many quilts being displayed? I have 3 in my living room, one on couch and one on a couple of chairs. I also have a couple of pillows I made. Also have quilts on the bed and maybe one on the end of the bed also. I hung a quilt in a spare bedroom for display and will change to display quilts. Also have a wall hanging above my sewing area. Is this too much? I know people that do ceramics and have figurines all over the place. A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 AM

Its your house and you can have as many quilts on display as you want.

:D
Old 03-14-2011, 12:30 PM

What is the number of too many quilts being displayed? I have 3 in my living room, one on couch and one on a couple of chairs. I also have a couple of pillows I made. Also have quilts on the bed and maybe one on the end of the bed also. I hung a quilt in a spare bedroom for display and will change to display quilts. Also have a wall hanging above my sewing area. Is this too much? I know people that do ceramics and have figurines all over the place. A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.
I want to reply before I am swayed by other responses. I say, display what YOU like. It's your house, your home. That relative is probably a little envious that she doesn't have the time and/or talent to do what you are doing. (My sister once told me about my constantly sewing on quilts to "get a life." I told her this IS my life and the life I choose. BTW both she and her son wrap themselves in quillows that I've made for them.

:wink: )
Old 03-14-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by mosaicthinking
I completely agree that we should all feel free to decorate our homes just as we please, but considering the tastes of loved ones we share our homes with. On my travels I've spoken to a couple of men who said that one of the few good things about getting divorced was that they could finally decorate their homes they way *they* wanted to. That made me think...
dh & i have a deal.. he is the finance committee, i am the design committeel lol...

we have such an old house (circa 1738) that some stuff just doesn't look right in here... hence no purple walls... but i got purple into every quilt...so most rooms have a touch of it anyway...
Old 03-16-2011, 02:22 PM

Too many? Maybe if you can't see the furniture, are tripping over them going to the kitchen ... maybe that IS too many.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:55 PM

I currently have 5 displayed and am adding to it!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:18 AM

Am I mistaken or is this YOUR house? Unless you're into looking like a magazine pg., my feeling is that it's my house & it gives me pleasure to look at my work. When I get tired of too many quilts around, then I chg. it.