Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: too many quilts, not enough time

QM

too many quilts, not enough time

I must have designed about 3000 quilts. I have made about 500. I know I design more than I will make in my lifetime. Typically, when I get bored, I take a traditional block and play with it. I may distort it, add to it, or whatever. Today I have a sore shoulder and can't sew, so here is the latest design from my QuiltPro file. I began with the traditional block called Arrow Crown, to make Arrow Crown Flower.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by QM; 10-06-2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: forgot pic

That is a great design! Very striking. I agree - there are too many quilts I would like to make!
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Blog Entries
    nice design! it's quite impressive. i find the same with my EQ... i love making the designs, but i'll never have time to make them all
    Nancy in western NY

If you've made 500 quilts , I'd say you're doing alright, lol! I'll never get that many made if I live to be 300!

Love your design. I am a Mac user and do some design using the draw functions. I have always been curious about EQ. What is QuiltPro?

EWW! i love that arrow crown flower!! It looks like you could paper-piece it in quadrants? I would love to have that for a pattern! i can see a quilt done just with the flower! I wonder how the 2 flower blocks would look joined! I bet it would make a little 4-patch in each corner if you used diff colors on the corners. I want to make one!!

I began with the traditional block called Arrow Crown, to make Arrow Crown Flower.[/QUOTE]
    mea

Blog Entries
    Beautiful design!
    Brenda

QM
    Thank you all. Two of my close friends when I started as a quilter in 2001 had quilt programs, one had EQ, the other QuiltPro. I have used both as the evolved over the years. I have current versions of both (one given by my friend who died). I have given EQ serious study. I have concluded that I hate it.

QM
    Yes, the 'flower' block is made in quadrants. Last night I drew it up as alternate flower colors. It worked, sorta, but I would not bother making it. It would probably be better in a different colorway, however. On point would be a definite improvement.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by QM; 10-06-2012 at 11:41 AM.