Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: too much stuff

  1. #1
    Super Member hperttula123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,445
    I'm in the middle of trying to get all my sewing stuff organized and in boxes for my new room that's in the making. I don't think it's all going to fit. :( I don't know how I'm going to get this to work. I keep finding more and more fabric. I think I've got a problem.

  2. #2
    Super Member Maride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,883
    Great problem to have.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Momof3Es's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Neillsville, WI
    Posts
    474
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well I think the people on this site will help you deal with your addiction!!! You are lucky to have a room!! I have to share mine with the kids toys!

  4. #4
    Super Member JUNEC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    3,203
    I'll be happy to "store" anything that you can't get into your room.
    I live in FL you can visit it anytime you want
    June

  5. #5
    Super Member ptquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    5,195
    mine is a combo sewing room, guest room, computer room. Of course I do have fabric stashed elsewhere...

  6. #6
    Super Member raedar63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,022
    Did you ever see the vidieo Elenor burns made bout the fabric problem? It stars her son it is funny ,fabric falls out of some funny places.I for one do have too much fabric, yet discovered a new local shop yesterday and bought more! I am a collector, lol,Today my son walked by and said "Mom I really think you just fondle that fabric and move it from place to place, you need help" lol how right he is, he has been waiting on me to finish him a quilt since he got out of the Marines a year ago lol. Too many projects, but boy was I ready to jump in the car when he wanted to go to the fabric shop to get penguin fabric for his quilt ,that was in sept,lol, maybe if I quilt fondlling I can get it done for christmas. HA HA!

  7. #7
    Super Member hperttula123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,445
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    Did you ever see the vidieo Elenor burns made bout the fabric problem? It stars her son it is funny ,fabric falls out of some funny places.I for one do have too much fabric, yet discovered a new local shop yesterday and bought more! I am a collector, lol,Today my son walked by and said "Mom I really think you just fondle that fabric and move it from place to place, you need help" lol how right he is, he has been waiting on me to finish him a quilt since he got out of the Marines a year ago lol. Too many projects, but boy was I ready to jump in the car when he wanted to go to the fabric shop to get penguin fabric for his quilt ,that was in sept,lol, maybe if I quilt fondlling I can get it done for christmas. HA HA!
    lol...ya, I think that's me. I've got fabric every where. I never had a designated spot for it so it took over my house. I'd like to have my house back, that's why I'm turning my attatched garage into my sewing room(lol who needs a garage anyways???) I like my house when it's not cluttered and is clean. I seem to never have that anymore. I had a house fire about 6 years ago and had to start from scratch(luckily my machine were ok, but no fabric made it). I have mannaged to FILL this house up. I now have three sewing machines, 2 sergers, all the stuff to do embroidery, and fabric everywhere. I just found a box that was nothing but buttons and bias tape...I'm never going to use it all. I need to start a pile and start getting rid of the stuff I know I'll never use.

  8. #8
    Super Member hperttula123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof3Es
    Well I think the people on this site will help you deal with your addiction!!! You are lucky to have a room!! I have to share mine with the kids toys!
    lol...not only do I sew, but scrapbook, do jewelry and any other little thing that I can learn as time goes on. And I just can't buy what I need, I over buy for all of it. I just can't wait for my room to be done. I want it all in one room and organized. That will make me REALLY happy. :lol: :lol: I have two of the tall book shelves that are stuffed with scrapbooking stuff(not including the stickers and all the punches and stuff that are all in the plastic drawers. It's crazy. I'm addicted to crafting!!!!

  9. #9
    Super Member kriscraft99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Upstate, SC
    Posts
    3,249
    there is a wonderful section on this board called "classifieds" and there are many fabric buyers that have your same problem LOL We would gladly help you get rid of your overage while we try to find new places to hide our purchases from you :)

    Quote Originally Posted by hperttula123
    I'm in the middle of trying to get all my sewing stuff organized and in boxes for my new room that's in the making. I don't think it's all going to fit. :( I don't know how I'm going to get this to work. I keep finding more and more fabric. I think I've got a problem.

  10. #10
    Super Member hperttula123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,445
    Quote Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    there is a wonderful section on this board called "classifieds" and there are many fabric buyers that have your same problem LOL We would gladly help you get rid of your overage while we try to find new places to hide our purchases from you :)

    Quote Originally Posted by hperttula123
    I'm in the middle of trying to get all my sewing stuff organized and in boxes for my new room that's in the making. I don't think it's all going to fit. :( I don't know how I'm going to get this to work. I keep finding more and more fabric. I think I've got a problem.
    I think I might be doing that. I have two small boxes already that I know I don't want. Maybe I can get some pictures up tonight. I think my mom has some boxes too...I'll have to run to her house and take some of hers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.