Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12

Thread: Too warm to give quilt??

Senior Member Blue's quilting mama's Avatar
    It is always quilt-giving season!

Anytime is a good time for a quilt. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Prissnboot
    NEVER!!! Quilts are great for indoor air conditioning - I live in Houston and slept beneath two comforters last night, and the a/c was only set on 77, with the ceiling fan going. I grew up sleeping beneath multiple blankets so it's a comfort thing for me, and perhaps will comfort the children as well.

Get stitchin, girlfriend!
    I agree! I live in SC and it's about 100 deg right now and I slept under 2 quilts last night. Our air was also on 77 but hubby keeps the fan on and I would be too cold without my 2 quilts. I also grew up with air and always had blankets so I can't ever sleep without a nice quilt.

Blog Entries
    Quilts can be given anytime. My Grandma gave me a quilt when I was small and I used it for forts over a card table and it went everywhere with me. Glenn

I recently made a quilt for my 18 y.o. granddaughter who has now gone overseas to Cambodia for a few years doing volunteer work. She made the request, as she wanted something to remind her of home. The temp there is always in the 30 - 40 deg celcius. She turns the fan on full blast so that she can use it!!

Quote Originally Posted by tweezy50
    I need to know.....because of a situation that I won't go into now, we have "inherited" a new family branch. ?there is a 3 year old little girl and a 5 year old boy. The family has very little as far as posessions. The parents are hard workers. It's just that luck has not been their friend lately. I am making the children eachtheir own little quilt and possibly a pillow case to match.

Problem is, the weather here will be hitting 90-100 degrees soon. Probably won't be much of a need for quilts to stay warm! (Duh). Would it be silly to give them to the children now or should I wait until cooler weather? Don't want to look like I'm just a silly ol' grandma, but would like to help them out.

Guess after all this, my question is.....is there a quilt giving season?

Well if it is too hot to lay under it, it is always great to lay on top of it. Now with the airconditioning, I use quilts year around. I would say give it.

Banned
    not at all, things always cool down at night and am sure in a heatwave they will be so very plsed.

Blog Entries
    I agree with everyone else - give the quilts now.

It's all in the presentation
    Give it with love and tell them it is for dreaming on top of as well as snuggled under

I made my grandson in North Carolina a quilt for napping and I used cotton knit fabric ( I call it T-shirt knit) instead of batting.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12