Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Too warm to give quilt??

Blog Entries
    I need to know.....because of a situation that I won't go into now, we have "inherited" a new family branch. ?there is a 3 year old little girl and a 5 year old boy. The family has very little as far as posessions. The parents are hard workers. It's just that luck has not been their friend lately. I am making the children eachtheir own little quilt and possibly a pillow case to match.

Problem is, the weather here will be hitting 90-100 degrees soon. Probably won't be much of a need for quilts to stay warm! (Duh). Would it be silly to give them to the children now or should I wait until cooler weather? Don't want to look like I'm just a silly ol' grandma, but would like to help them out.

Guess after all this, my question is.....is there a quilt giving season?

NEVER!!! Quilts are great for indoor air conditioning - I live in Houston and slept beneath two comforters last night, and the a/c was only set on 77, with the ceiling fan going. I grew up sleeping beneath multiple blankets so it's a comfort thing for me, and perhaps will comfort the children as well.

Get stitchin, girlfriend!

Blog Entries
    Honestly, I think quilts are great to give all year round. They can sleep on top of it in the heat, or make a "fort" out of it. You never know, it might wind up being one of their favorite comfys.

Quilts aren't just for keeping warm, they can be spread out on the floor for playing with dolls and action figures, the can become a tent when draped over furniture. I'd give them the quilts no matter what the weather is.

A quilt is more than just a blanket. It's personal. I think they would love your welcoming gesture.

I just gave a quilt for a wedding gift. It's been in the 90's all week. They can use it next winter. But, I use one on my bed all year around.

Blog Entries
    Think of how comforting it is to lay on a coool quilt on the floor, a pallet of sorts. Go for it!

Agree with all of the above :)

It's not the temp that counts, it's the thought behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by tweezy50
    I need to know.....because of a situation that I won't go into now, we have "inherited" a new family branch. ?there is a 3 year old little girl and a 5 year old boy. The family has very little as far as posessions. The parents are hard workers. It's just that luck has not been their friend lately. I am making the children eachtheir own little quilt and possibly a pillow case to match.

Problem is, the weather here will be hitting 90-100 degrees soon. Probably won't be much of a need for quilts to stay warm! (Duh). Would it be silly to give them to the children now or should I wait until cooler weather? Don't want to look like I'm just a silly ol' grandma, but would like to help them out.

Guess after all this, my question is.....is there a quilt giving season?

Blog Entries
    I can't sleep without a covering, even for a nap. A soft quilt is perfect no matter what the weather.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast