Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tool for easy grid/echo quilting >

Tool for easy grid/echo quilting

Tool for easy grid/echo quilting

Old 04-02-2015, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
I have one but have never been able to figure out how to get it to work with my walking foot. Guess i will have to look at it again.
My walking foot has it's own guide and set up for connecting to the foot. (Bernina)
Old 04-02-2015, 05:11 AM

Wondering if anyone has ever used one of these:
http://www.threadstandhero.com/Threa.../imag013A.html

I found it on a sewing/quilting blog. I too have a walking foot that the bar slides around and never stays in place. I don't use the bar too often as it always moves on me. I didn't know if anyone had seen or tried these before. It looks like it might work!!
For those that can't open the link it is a guide that clamps onto the back of your walking foot.
I am not affiliated with the company at all-merely wondering if the thingy might work for those of us who can't get the bar to stay in place!!
Old 04-02-2015, 05:53 AM

I just recently realized I had one and what it was useful for. I had it for about 6 years before I even knew what it was. When echoing it really helps to keep the lines spaced correctly.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by sew_busy View Post

I found it on a sewing/quilting blog. I too have a walking foot that the bar slides around and never stays in place. I don't use the bar too often as it always moves on me. I didn't know if anyone had seen or tried these before. It looks like it might work!!
For those that can't open the link it is a guide that clamps onto the back of your walking foot.
I am not affiliated with the company at all-merely wondering if the thingy might work for those of us who can't get the bar to stay in place!!
I always thought mine would slide around also but then I discovered a large screw that goes into the back. I tighten that and it does not move. See if you have an opening on the back of your walking foot for a screw?
Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 AM

Thank you for posting this, I have one of those. It came with my machine and I had no idea what is was for. I suppose I should read the manual!
Old 04-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

I have it, I just haven't used it yet, but seeing your beautiful quilt, I'll have to think about it in the future.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:59 PM

Use it on the Pfaff. I can line up lines of decorative embroidery on a shirt - along with lining up quilting.

I have a Single stitch Brother PQ1500, and there is no place to put one on the walking foot.

There is a guide, but it installs the same way as the walking foot, and you can't use both at the same time. It also doesn't do both sides as the Pfaff does.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by sew_busy View Post

Oh I like that. May have to get one of those. Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

I have it but have never used it for quilting... Thanks for the idea
Old 04-03-2015, 12:11 AM

It is. Only my vintage machines which don't have one. I find it useful for grids square or diagonals especially on bags where you want a closer grid.