Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tool to punch holes in fabric

They are worth the money. I ordered mine from the Linus Project website and it arrived very promptly. I trim the edges of the blanket straight with a regular rotary blade and round the corners with a saucer. Then I use a ruler and the rotary cutter with the skip stitch blade in it to run a line of tiny slits about 1/2 to 3/4 inch from the edge of the fleece blanket. It's very quick and easy to use. Then crochet the edging through the holes for a very nice finished edge. You can find the instructions for this online.

I have used the smallest crochet hook (made from steel) to poke the hole and crochet the foundation row at the same time. (must have strong hands to do this) I have also purchased baby blankets that already have a row of blanket stitching around the edge and added my crochet stitching to that. Along that thought --- you could use your sewing machine and blanket stitch around the fleece you already have and add the crocheted edge. ---- just a few ideas if you don't have time to wait for the special rotary blade to be delivered. :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2