Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top 20 Quilting Books - what would you choose?

Bakersfield, CA
    When I teach basic piecing, I generally get one of the Eleanor Burns books. She does a great job of illustrating and describing methods. Also, I love the Quilters Ultimate Visual Guide. See it here http://www.amazon.com/Quilters-Ultim...6558451&sr=1-1 It gives very good descriptions of all types of quilting and is one I loan out to beginning quilters to get them acquainted with different styles of quilting.

Western Wisconsin
    Blog Entries
    Harriet Hargrave's books on machine applique and machine quilting probably taught me more than any other books did (but I have tons of other books as well!).

I agree with looking through books at the library. Also look at bookstores. Sometimes a book is completely different than you think it will be; it helps to actually see it first. (Also check online. I have run across portions of Harriet Hargrave's book online.)

Saint Peters MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts

Fons and Porter Complete Guide

Quilt in a Day books Eleanore Burns. I especially like the Log Cabin book and the Under Ground Rail Road book.
    Eleanor Burns has free shipping this week.

I was in the same spot as you when I first started quilting. A lady at the LQS I shopped in told me to go to the library and look at the books there before I made a purchase. She said it would give me an idea of what I might really need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2