Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top Quality Quilting magazines ???

I am very new to quilting, have not even purchased my first magazine. What magazine would you suggest, I do not want to subscribe to several of them? Thank, Libber

Since you area a newbie like me, I get "McCall's Quick Quilts" --subscription, and "Easy Quilts"--off the stand. Some of their easy ones don't look too easy to me, but some of them are great. It's just fun to look at all their designs. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    McCall's Quilting and Quiltmaker are very good for the patterns they have. The patterns are very clear and easy to follow. If I had to give up all magazines except 2, those are the 2 for me! 3rd would be American Patchwork & Quilting, which has some really nice patterns, also.

Easy Quilts is a nice one

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've found there is so many free patterns online, I'd rather save my money for fabric.

Blog Entries
    I always buy mine from the news stand because when I follow a magazine for months - then buy a subscription - then it doesn't have anything I what in it anymore. Plus I love to look at all of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I've found there is so many free patterns online, I'd rather save my money for fabric.
    I do this as well.

Blog Entries
    Most libraries have several and after a new issue comes to them they often allow older issues to be "borrowed". Thus you could have a look! ("THUS"??) Oh, well that's just me. LOL

I agree with Easy Quilts, there is another one just for children that comes out quarterly, too, and I also like Quilt magazine. McCall's has some good ones but it is easier to go online and find patterns, go to the library and see what they have available, rather than subscribe to any magazine for a year. The mags have become either too complicated and energy-consuming for the average person or they are repetitious. Sam's has their mags for 30% off the price, Joann's is sometimes 10%, Hobby Lobby, you can use your 40% and save some money. It is really great that most of the fabric manufacturers have free patterns on their home sites.

I would check out the different mags and then you choose the one most interesting to you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast