Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Totally surprised by coupon at Joann's today

Blog Entries
    I went to Joanns today with my 50% off coupon in hand. Under exclusions Accuquilt is listed so I assumed it wouldn't work for the die cutting piece that I was buying. Much to my surprise, it worked!!! (Accuquilt Go is actually what's excluded)

Blog Entries
    You gotta love surprises like that!

what a happy surprise ;-)

Glad to know that...I need dies...so I'll be going with mine in hand

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    Glad to know that...I need dies...so I'll be going with mine in hand
    Go quickly, the one I have expires tomorrow- I printed off 2 so I may go back tomorrow. :mrgreen: :oops: :lol:

Blog Entries
    What a GREAT surprise :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Think how many people also think the coupon isn't good on the dies--I always say, "you don't get, if you don't ask". I bought an up-right freezer just before Xmas as Sears-it was on sale because of a very small scratch and slight dent in the side from careless delivery and the woman wouldn't accept it. It was marked down by $100.00 and even though we were going to buy it, I asked the sales lady if they would mark it down a bit more. She asked her manager and he took another $55.00 off!! That's fabric for another quilt!! DH was a bit embarrased since it was already reduced, but like I said, you don't get, if you don't ask!!

It actually happened to me too but then i went back when i looked at the receipt to get more dies so i can use the coupon and it didn't work the second time so when i asked why a different cashier told me it shouldn't have happened the first time but it did because the coupon wouldn't scan so the first cashier enterered it manually and in this case it took it, but if the coupon was scanned it would not work ):

Blog Entries
    Mine was scanned- and I'm going back tomorrow to try again and I'll be crossing my fingers the whole time. I know the stores vary a lot on their policy so that doesn't help when we're confused to begin with!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charming
    It actually happened to me too but then i went back when i looked at the receipt to get more dies so i can use the coupon and it didn't work the second time so when i asked why a different cashier told me it shouldn't have happened the first time but it did because the coupon wouldn't scan so the first cashier enterered it manually and in this case it took it, but if the coupon was scanned it would not work ):

Blog Entries
    I was told once the coupon has been scanned, it won't work again on anything. I printed out two copies of one I got on-line, and only one worked. I usually go with all the coupons I can get (on-line, in-store flyer, and the one by mail I get). Each one of them will work ONCE.