Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Traded to something not vintage, I'm pretty happy with my trade... >

Traded to something not vintage, I'm pretty happy with my trade...

Traded to something not vintage, I'm pretty happy with my trade...

Old 07-22-2013, 06:44 AM

Tammi, Lucky You! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that. It is so sweet that your DH wanted it put upstairs. I'm happy for you and am looking forward to seeing what you can do with that baby.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 AM

Good for you! I have a New Joy Frame and a Janome 1600, but since I bought my Janome 6600P I have been doing FMQ on that.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a great deal for both of you, congrats!!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:07 AM

You will love this set up and especially your Juki machine. I have the same machine and it is the machine I use 90% of the time. I like it even better than my much fancier Husqvarna because it is so powerful and fast. It just sews without tension issues, thread problems or grumbling about thick layers.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on the great trades! Happy quilting!!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

I have a Juki TL98QE (QE means no extension table). I have it in a table and I love it. No room for a frame. It is 5 years old and no trips to the shop, yet. Keep it oiled and bobbin area clean. It likes new needles often also.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
I'm a little green with envy.....but very happy for you. I'd love to have a setup like that but it would have to go to the basement........ have fun...... let us all see your newly done projects.
I was sure this one would have to go into the basement too, but we realised that we really don't use the dining room table like we used to, and when we first moved into this house, the table was in the kitchen. (Of course the baking table and the 2 cupboards weren't there then, but what the heck, there's still enough room to turn sideways and squeak through the kitchen. )

I'm so going to end up on an episode of horders.

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
curtains? who cares about curtains when you have a great new quilting frame to use?
Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie View Post
I had to go back and look--I didn't even notice that there were curtains in the room--I was too busy drooling over your new machine. Better yet no cash changed hands--a dream come true. Lucky you!!!
Sue
I was mostly lamenting the fact that I never see something like that until after I post a pic. Our curtains are behind furniture 80% of the time, and not in view the other 20%, so for all I know, they're all mismatched, and I just never noticed.

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
Tammi, Lucky You! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that. It is so sweet that your DH wanted it put upstairs. I'm happy for you and am looking forward to seeing what you can do with that baby.
Yeah, he may just be a keeper. I know there's going to be a learning curve, but it felt fairly natural. The lady I got it from (who turns out to be a distant cousin, BTW) says: "Write your name..." I did (I've never even tried it before on a DSM), and it's legible. Then I tried to dot the "I" with a heart, which I have practiced,... and butchered it. I'm claiming that my left hand creates a little drag.

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
You will love this set up and especially your Juki machine. I have the same machine and it is the machine I use 90% of the time. I like it even better than my much fancier Husqvarna because it is so powerful and fast. It just sews without tension issues, thread problems or grumbling about thick layers.
Oh! I like the sound of that! To have a machine I don't have to fuss with is definitely a dream come true. Threading the needle on a machine that can move was challenge enough. The first time it moved while I was threading it, I thought I was having a little vertigo.

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I have a Juki TL98QE (QE means no extension table). I have it in a table and I love it. No room for a frame. It is 5 years old and no trips to the shop, yet. Keep it oiled and bobbin area clean. It likes new needles often also.
Thanks for that clarification! I was getting confused about the different letters at the end and gave up. I figured I'd just concentrate on researching the one I was getting.

Any thoughts on the oil? I know there's a little bottle of it with the machine, but I like my tri-flow. Any reason not to use it that you can think of? Which needles are you using? The standard 130/705s or the high speed needles?

On that thought, I should probably oil this big guy. It's probably been 5 years. Wow does it run nicely considering that.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 AM

I am really happy for you! You both got what you wanted--and I think you got the better end of the deal...!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:16 AM

Congrats! Looks like you got a really good deal!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:03 PM

Congrats! my juki is also on the frame. Its a super machine, you will love it.