Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Traits of a good quilter

new user
    Well, if that's true then I better give up now! I think that to quilt, you just have to enjoy it!

Your comments are all funny, but truly, you are a good quilter when you enjoy the process, we quilt because we love it.

Blog Entries
    Hope you didnt pay too much for that lecture lol He would surely scare alot of people off!!! I am patient (most of the time) my geometry sucks and I am picky most of the time and very critical of my own work. I will keep trying though just to prove him wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by seazteddy
    I went to a lecture and they said to be a good quilter you need to have patience, good knowledge of geometry and a precise nature. Do you think that is true?
    Patience - sometimes, but the language can be terrible, and it's not unknown for a project to take flight across the room when it's defied me once too often

Geometry: ha! Scraped through my maths exams, forgot it all years ago - more important things to store in my brain

Precise: ROFL is all I can say to that.

Quote Originally Posted by seazteddy
    I went to a lecture and they said to be a good quilter you need to have patience, good knowledge of geometry and a precise nature. Do you think that is true?
    Patience - sometimes, but the language can be terrible, and it's not unknown for a project to take flight across the room when it's defied me once too often

Geometry: ha! Scraped through my maths exams, forgot it all years ago - more important things to store in my brain

Precise: ROFL is all I can say to that.

Apologies for double post - don't know why that happened.

My math skills are minimal, my patience..well, lets say the cancer meds have me cranked up, and precision? HA!! I do my best, I love the process and the challenge and the recipients fight over the rest. I guess I do ok! :-)

I know a quilter who strives to be technically perfect. She has been quilting for 20 years and I am currently making quilt #41 for her daughter, she's tired of waiting for her mother to make her one. I make my quilts to be functional not perfect.

I have never claimed, nor will I ever claim to be, a good quilter! I'm not so sure what I do to fabric and batting is even legal in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, however, my family is very happy to 'snuggle' my quilts across state lines.

I think a better trait for a quilter would be Persistence.

Quote Originally Posted by emykay
    Well, if that's true then I better give up now! I think that to quilt, you just have to enjoy it!
    Ditto.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast