Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Travel Help! >

Travel Help!

Travel Help!

Old 09-17-2013, 06:44 AM

Default Travel Help!

I am excited to tell you that my husband and I are going to celebrate a good friends 90th Birthday in Baden, Vienna in November.
We will also go to Munich, Prague and Budapest so any Fabric shopping or not to be missed spots would be appreciated.
Warmly,
Rhodi
Old 09-17-2013, 08:42 AM

Oh, my, gosh!! Rhodi, that sounds fabulous! I can't help you on the fabric thoughts, because I've never been lucky enough to have been to any of those places, but I hope you have a wonderful trip.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:02 AM

It's been decades since I was in Munich or Vienna so no real help. And wasn't a quilter at the time either. But I will say, those two places, at least, are beautiful. If you can take any guided walking tours, particularly in Vienna, you won't regret it. The clock tower in the main square in Munich is breathtaking.

Enjoy your trip. I'm envious!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:23 AM

What a beautiful trip ! When are you going? I don't know about shopping there but we were in Prague, Vienna and Budapest just a year ago last spring and I wanted to tell you to take the dinner cruise in Budapest. It is one of my highlight of this trip (among others).
Old 09-17-2013, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
Oh, my, gosh!! Rhodi, that sounds fabulous! I can't help you on the fabric thoughts, because I've never been lucky enough to have been to any of those places, but I hope you have a wonderful trip.
Thank you for your good wishes!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:28 AM

Big Smiles!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:29 AM

A Dinner cruise sounds delightful!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:57 AM

Oh my, you lucky girl. At the moment, I am sitting in a hotel room in Milan, Italy. The weather over the last two weeks has been absolutely spectacular. I have seen enough culture, antiquity and churches (that's where all the good art is) to last me for quite a while. While DH was taking pics of sculpture and paintings, my camera was pointed a different way (more of that later!) Before this trip, I googled fabric stores in the areas we were visiting. Unfortunately, in Italia, you can buy Armani suiting but not quilt-type fabric.

I would suggest Googling the areas you are visiting and perhaps also asking at the various hotels you will be staying. Have a wonderful time!!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:45 PM

Oh such a lucky lady. I would love to travel and visit places like that. I have no help for you in the fabric department though. I would research it on the net for a bit before leaving and take notes of the places that may look interesting. One thing for sure, if visiting a foreign place I would absolutely have to come home with some fabrics from that area. Have a wonderful time on your trip and dont forget to post some pics for all of us to live through you.LOL
Old 09-18-2013, 06:38 AM

The dinner cruise sounds great, tx...