Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: traveling with your ruler and mat

Blog Entries

traveling with your ruler and mat

I just got home today from a family vacation 1000 miles from here. I found a way to transport my ruler and mat so that they did not get damaged in the very full mini-van. I laid the ruler and mat on the floor of the van and laid a board/piece of deep shelving over both. That way the kiddos could step right on it in getting in and out. They both stayed flat and out of the sun. Worked great!
    Nancy in western NY

golly, that's a super idea! thanks for sharing
    KnitnNan

I really like this suggestion. The last time I took my mat with me, it ended up warped.
    Cheryl, hiding away in my quilting studio

Years ago I bought a 24x36 mat. As you know quite a lot of money. Came home and it was warped. The store gave me a new one. Nice! Came home and that one was warped. I had no idea that flat meant flat!!!! in the car. I kept that one and used it like this for years. Yesterday I decided to lay it down in front of my house on the cement walkway. It was 90 degrees and yes, you guessed it, it is flat as a pancake. I should have done it years ago, but did not want to take the chance, but I am glad I finally did. Don't take my word for it, but when you are tired of the warp, try it.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 AAA quilter View Post
    I really like this suggestion. The last time I took my mat with me, it ended up warped.

Good idea, might have to try that!
    Heather