Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Treadle Machine

I was happy to pay about $150 for mine. It needed a new belt. The cabinet is so/so but to me that means it has a history. I had been looking for a long time and this was the one and only I found in good condition. I like sewing on it.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I have a machine to put in - I'm looking for a cabinet, but I'm really looking for space to put one! lol

There are three listed on the Syracuse, NY Craigslist and non is for over $90. All of them look very good. If your local Craigslist doesnt have any listed, look at the list of nearby sites on the right of your local page and go a bit farther away. You will find one! There are tons of them out there.

Kas
    I got a beat up Singer 66 Redeye (Helen) for free after a garage sale, an electrified plain 66 that I put a handcrank on (someone had CUT the treadle off) and a beautiful White Family Rotary in a gorgeous twiggy cabinet for $50 off Craigslist. I think a combo of luck and determination is what it takes. Mine have been luck!

I have a NewHome treadle that was my grandmother's. It was going to be discarded and I claimed it many years ago. I didn't realize I wanted it so bad until I visited the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop. I'm gonna give it some TLC on the first day of Summer Vacation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2