Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
treadle singer >

treadle singer

treadle singer

Old 09-29-2011, 10:13 PM

I got one same size into the back of my Trail Blazer without putting the back seats down. Good luck.
Laurie
Old 09-29-2011, 10:39 PM

I was able to put one in the back of my Toyota van - behind the third seat. My daughter was 10 at the time, and she & I were able to move it with very little problem.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:57 PM

Wow...she sure is a beauty. See if the machine will pop off the table and put it in the front seat on the floor. Now, not only will the table not be so heavy, but, there is less chance of damaging the machine. I think if you lay it on its back, it should slide in. Good Luck.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:31 AM

If you tip the machine back there should be a pair of set screws near where it attaches to the table. Loosen those with a slotted screwdriver and you should be able to lift the machinem(it's still a little heavy) off the hinges that attach it to the cabinet. It's the heaviest part.

After that take the drawers out so they don't knock around (this also reduces the weight) and you should be able to get it in the car. A second pair of hands would be nice, though.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:32 AM

What a FIND!! Please let us know if you do make the trip!!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:32 AM

I have an Escape and I brought my 201 in a heavy oak cabinet home in it without any problems. Lay it down and you'll need some help to lift it in. I've also had a single bed in my Escape with just a little bit hanging out the window at the back heading to a college apartment!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:44 AM

Beautiful machine at an excellent price!

Take the machine out of the cabinet before you transport it. Consider 30 pounds of metal banging around in a cabinet of brittle, dry wood...

Take a couple of screwdrivers with you...tip the machine back, there should be a couple of screws holding it onto the hinge pins, loosen those and lift the machine off of them. Remove the drawers and lay the cabinet down in the back of your Ford...take pics when you get her home, and let us know her serial number! Looks like a 15-30(?). :)
Old 09-30-2011, 04:47 AM

I agree with removing the head for travel. The jiggle/vibration will put a lot of strain on the hinges.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
I have an Escape and I brought my 201 in a heavy oak cabinet home in it without any problems. Lay it down and you'll need some help to lift it in. I've also had a single bed in my Escape with just a little bit hanging out the window at the back heading to a college apartment!
thnx...that so answers my ??'s...just waiting to hear back from them :lol:
Old 09-30-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Beautiful machine at an excellent price!

Take the machine out of the cabinet before you transport it. Consider 30 pounds of metal banging around in a cabinet of brittle, dry wood...

Take a couple of screwdrivers with you...tip the machine back, there should be a couple of screws holding it onto the hinge pins, loosen those and lift the machine off of them. Remove the drawers and lay the cabinet down in the back of your Ford...take pics when you get her home, and let us know her serial number! Looks like a 15-30(?). :)
thnx for the info...will def bring screwdrivers...flat head or phillips head...do you know?...guess i could just bring both :lol: