Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trends in Quilting >

Trends in Quilting

Trends in Quilting

Old 01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned

I received Keepsake catalog today. Was most interested in the number of kits that use strips - long strips as well as short strips. Also simple shapes of squares and rectangles. From other boards many are purchasing the fabric cutters (Accuquilt Go etc) and buying the dies to make scrap quilts. Guess these are to use lots of stash. I'm making lots of 'tube" type blocks and even cutting the ends for new smaller blocks. Creativity can be in simple shapes and I'm having loads of fun using what might be considered useless pieces.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:45 PM

I tend to go with what I like, whether or not it is current. I think I am a traditional scrappy quilt kind of gal, but have done a couple of art-type wall hangings. I do like the idea of using strips to do interesting things.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:33 AM

I love strip quilts and the GO cutting...its making cutting and sewing the materials so much easier. Also with those methods you can make a quilt in a day or two. I love any type of project that I can do in a few days VS months.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:02 AM

There seems to be a lot of interest in strip quilting. Two of the "new" quilts my LQS were featuring this week were using strips in one colourway (blues and browns). Not many quilters in my area have invested in the new cutters but they do like jelly rolls.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

I have also noticed more patterns using precuts, whether they are from the LQS or home machines too :D:D:D