Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: triangles already cut

Hi all, I am just sick. I am making a quilt with half square triangles and after I cut all the squares into triangles then I ready about the easy way to do half square triangles. So I have 64 squares to make and I'm afraid I will ruin everthing trying to sew these together (the bias thing and trying to keep the 1/4 all the way to the end off the point. Is all hope lost or can I get through this with the triangles I have? Thanks much! Kim

Of course you can do it with the triangles you have, and you will become a better quilter with all that practice.

You can do it....try a few and see how it works. I never to easy half square triangles. Just go easy with the bias edge...don't stretch and do push it through. Sometimes I use my walking foot for these, but then I don't have the 1/4 guide.

Oh, I am so relieved...I can't tell you how happy I am to get your message...! Will report back tomorrow on my progress. You are a lifesaver!

Thank you so much - I am feeling much better know that I'll be able to use the ones I cut. I'll let you know how it goes!! Kim

I'm sure you can do it. Don't be afraid just jump in and start. I'm sure you will do great.

Blog Entries
    Be careful not to distort the bias side and just sew the triangles together. Once you go through that exercise you will REALLY appreciate the other method.

Kim -

My advice on HST - starch them into submission! And press, don't iron. I've been working on Friendship Stars and someone (I think from this board) recommended starching heavily. That makes a huge difference and the squares come out much better. Be sure to post a picture of your finished product.

Darren

Great idea...otherwise I'm not sure how I would not stretch the bias. Thanks! I will post the quilt when I get done. I am so grateful for this forum!

I will do the "easy" way next time...seems very efficient and much more fun!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast