Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIP OF A LIFETIME! FABRIC TRADE?

What a wonderful trip!! I hope you have a fabulous time!!!
    We do have a memeber on here from Jordan...... Maybe you would like to contact her!!!

Blog Entries
    I hope you have a wonderful time :D:D:D
    Maybe take 1 yard pieces of calicos, tonals,... making sure it is not a fabric that would offend a religion or culture. I bet there will be many fun trades to be made :D:D:D

does anyone know the lady from Jordan

Lucky you! DD went to Egypt last year with college. She had such a great time!

Trading fabrics is such a neat idea! I'm sure other quilters or sewists would be very open to trading. Have a fun time on your trip and let us know how international bartering goes. It really is a small world when you consider all the quilters and sewists.

Oh, you are in for a treat. You will love these places. I visited there few times, but I was not into quilting then, so don't know about specifics for that. I am sure hotel staff and locals can guide you to fabric stores there. You'd probably find many in open-air markets, and you'd be surprised at the high quality of materials you can get at a very reasonable prices. At least that was my experience with clothing and such. If I were you, I wouldn't take many fabrics for trade (I don't know how much trading you'd be able to do) to leave space in my suitcase for goodies I'd be buying, remember weight is limited.

Have a safe and wonderful trip, you'll love it!

I am so jealous :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What a wonderful trip you have in store for you and your family. Just the thought of seeing all that different fabric is exciting, let alone all the beautiful places.

Have a safe trip and remember, if you don't have room in your suitcases, you can mail it home! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Take tons of pictures, this is a "Trip of a Lifetime!"

What a great idea!
    If this is your first trip overseas please take time to make sure that all of your prescriptions are legal in the countries that you are going to. I mentioned this to a friend of mine a few years ago when she was traveling to Lithuania and when she checked, several of hers had to be changed. She was so happy to have been saved from highly possible arrest. Just because certain meds are legal here doesn't mean they are in other countries and a lot of countries have a 0 tolerance for what they deem as illegal drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by debbie17
    does anyone know the lady from Jordan
    Go to User List (above), then enter Jordan in the location box. It looks there might be two prospects!

What a trip of a lifetime. I envly you going to such wonderful places. Have a safe and wonderful time. Take one suitcase half empty so you can bring back more fabric. ;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast