Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trip to Maine - visited Marden's >

Trip to Maine - visited Marden's

Trip to Maine - visited Marden's

Old 07-17-2016, 04:00 PM

People I need your help! I live in Colorado and have never heard of Mardans. We will be in Maine this fall and will be staying in Augusta. I have a whole day to quilt shop by myself. Which Mardans should I go to, and which quilt shops are 'must see' in this area? This is so exciting! Thank you.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:17 PM

http://mardens.com/index.php/stores Here's the link to their locations if you happen to travel to some other towns. Waterville would be the closest location to Augusta. Not all locations have fabric. If you see something that you like, buy it because it may not be there later. Their motto is "I should of bought it when I saw it at Marden's". They are not joking.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
What a sad tale. Maybe there will be another business trip where you can weigh your luggage before leaving and figure out how many yards equal a pound. I know by selling fabric, a yard can be anywhere from 4 to 6 oz. Next time, you will be ready to shop til you drop. Any excess over the limit, I would cram it in my purse or briefcase right there at check-in!
If the pieces are long enough (5 yards?) you could wrap and wear them sari style. Turbans and stoles also come to mind.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:41 PM

I was in Bangor, Maine in April and just by chance went into Mardens and thought I was in quilting heaven. It was a fun experience.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:48 PM

The Marden's in Waterville will be the closest to you. I live in Ellsworth, Me which also has a Marden's. I have been in most of the Marden's in Maine and I personally think that the Ellsworth store has the best selection and is the most organized. I have heard that the Sanford store is good too although I haven't made it to that one.