Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trouble with Husqvarna 875Q >

Trouble with Husqvarna 875Q

Trouble with Husqvarna 875Q

Old 02-09-2016, 01:07 PM

Default Trouble with Husqvarna 875Q

I have a Sapphire 875 (purchased new 5 years ago) and loved it. Recently, I've been having problems sewing with it. In order to get a correct 1/4" seam I need to move the needle over but when I do this the fabric is being pulled through the hole and causing it to pucker. The pucker is so bad that when I sew two pieces of fabric together instead of nice straight seam my fabric starts to curve (almost making a C shape). My repairman says I need a single hole 1/4" needle plate. I've tried contacting Husqvarna Viking to see if they have one and have got no response. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 02-09-2016, 02:34 PM

I have the same machine but have not had this problem except when trying to sew 2 triangles together and the points get pulled down. Your repairman is incorrect: if you have a single hole needle you can't move your needle to adjust the seam width. I don't have any answers. Have you cleaned out the bobbin area and around it? Sometimes a thread gets caught down in there. Good luck and check with another repairman or HV again. (Sorry I'm not much help)
Old 02-09-2016, 04:16 PM

If it worked fine for 5 years and now it isn't the problem is not a "Replace the stitch plate" problem. It is a wear or setting problem with the machine. Has it had a complete service recently? Not a change the bobbin case and blow out the lint but a full remove the covers, clean, and reset to factory specifications service? If not, it is time.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:00 PM

I have the 830, bought new 9 years ago. I love the single hole stitch plate and feel it helps me to avoid problems. However, I agree with the fact that this isn't a stitch plate problem. Last time I took mine in, I was told there was a small burr on the bobbin case (nothing I could see). Now that the case has been replaced, it sews like a dream again! Yours probably needs a really good cleaning and check-up. Good luck!

Linda in Missouri
Old 02-09-2016, 05:35 PM

It has had a complete service last week. As long as I don't move the needle over I don't have a problem.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

I'm leaning towards the idea of a burr on the bobbin case. Run your finger all over it to see if you can feel anything. You might want to invest in a new bobbin case to see if replacing it solves the problem. It sounds as if your repair person missed something. If was completely serviced last week, it's probably still under warranty. I would take it back (possibly also with a printout of this thread) and have them take another look at the bobbin case, etc.

Edit: I think this is the single hole plate that would fit your machine:
http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/nee...129642-03.aspx
However, I agree that this is not the solution to your problem -- unless you want to change how you do your quarter-inch seam. With the single hole plate, you would need to place guides in front of and behind the feed dogs (instead of next to the feed dogs), because you would not move the needle. For physical guides I like to use strips of adhesive moleskin (available in the foot section of pharmacies).

Last edited by Prism99; 02-09-2016 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

I have Vikings. the single stitch plate does support the fabric better, however, the hole is designed to only accept the needle in the default position. If you move the needle to the right or left, you can't use the single hole plate, because the needle will hit the plate. If it worked for 5 years, and now it's not, I would take it back to the tech. Make sure they know you are moving the needle.