Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: TrueCut Rotary Blade Sharpner?

Blog Entries
    I have a advertizment from the Grace Company
    [ info@graceframe.com] for the rotary blade sharpener and I was hoping if anyone has if they would share thier opinions. The cost is 40.00 and I would gladly pay if it means not having to buy so many replacement blades.

Blog Entries
    When this first came out I was hoping that someone who bought this would come back and give us a review :D:D:D

Pam
    I have been watching, too!

Blog Entries
    I have one. I've read several posts about it here. It works better then I expected. I watched a demo at the Paducah quilt show and the vendor said to not wait until the blade was dull to sharpen it. Sharpening a dull blade is not the goal. I run the blade through the sharpener before I start cutting for a project. It's easy to use and safe. You don't have to take the blade out of the cutter. It will not take out nicks but keep a sharp edge on the blade. I haven't changed blades since I bought it months ago.

I think I saw that advertised in Nancy's Notions for less.

I have one also, haven't used it much but what I have I like alot!

This makes good sense. Kitchen knives are easier to keep sharp if sharpened frequently rather than waiting until they're horribly dull. I'm seriously considering getting a sharpener for my rotary blades.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I have one. I've read several posts about it here. It works better then I expected. I watched a demo at the Paducah quilt show and the vendor said to not wait until the blade was dull to sharpen it. Sharpening a dull blade is not the goal. I run the blade through the sharpener before I start cutting for a project. It's easy to use and safe. You don't have to take the blade out of the cutter. It will not take out nicks but keep a sharp edge on the blade. I haven't changed blades since I bought it months ago.

I just recently bought one, too. I tend to sharpen my rotary blade just before using it, kind of like chefs do with their knives. So far, I haven't sworn at a rotary blade skipping, so it must be working!

Maybe I'll have to invest in one of these. I'm going to have to research pricing. I've been wondering if the investment was worth it. Thanks for the information all.

good to know!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast